Senior Housing


Eligibility is determined by age, disability, and gross income as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Our Tibbs Senior Building consists of 152 Section 8 Project Based Voucher (PBV) units consisting of efficiency and one bedroom units providing independent living for housing for low-income seniors (age 62+) and persons with disabilities 55 years of age and older.

The building includes designated handicapped units for persons with disabilities. We have two designated hearing impaired handicapped units and one visually impaired handicapped unit as well as nine other handicapped units.

Applications for Senior Housing is available.

To qualify you must be:

  • 62 years of age or older
  • Age 55 and disabled

Once the application has been completed, a staff member will review the application for eligibility; the applicant will be notified in writing as to acceptability of the application or denial of the application.  If the application is accepted, the applicant’s name will be placed on an existing waiting list.

There is a three (3) to five (5) year waiting list for the senior apartments.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q.        Can an application be mailed?
A.       Yes, however it may not be faxed or emailed.

 Q.        Can I apply if I do not reside in Englewood?
A.        Yes, you do not have to be a resident of Englewood to apply, but Englewood residents have first preference.

Q.        Is there an application fee?
A.        No, there are no application fees.

Q.        Do I have to pay a security deposit?
A.        Yes, the security deposit is equal to one month’s rent.

Q.        Do I pay my own utilities?
A.        The Housing Authority pays utilities for all of units in the senior building; however, there is a monthly charge of $20.00 for each air conditioner we install in your unit.  There are other nominal charges for additional appliances which are posted in the lobby.

Q.        Are residents allowed to have pets?
A.        Dogs and cats are not permitted in the senior building.  Birds and fish are allowed.

Q.        Can my children or grandchildren live with me?
A.        No, only seniors can reside in the building.

Q.        Can I have a vehicle?
A.        Yes. The parking lot is small and there is a waiting list for a space.

Copyright © 2015 Englewood Housing Authority.